◆ Translation of the Border Guard’s message
According to a notice recently received by the Chinese Border Guard, the People’s Republic of Korea considers our country to be a source of the outbreak of the coronavirus and will therefore enforce the highest level of control at the border.
The military has complained that Chinese residents are causing pollution by dumping rubbish and sewage into the river. If threatened, the military has warned that they will react immediately and fire their weapons.
Please do not walk along the river so as to avoid any chance of misjudgement. According to recent news, North Korea is taking extreme measures, exterminating those who return from China or are infected with the virus. The North Koreans will not be any more considerate towards us.
Please be aware of North Korea’s change in protocol, now characterized by ruthless violence. Make sure there are no meaningless sacrifices.
There are many who do not belong to this group chat, so please spread the word.
- ＜Inside N. Korea＞ “3 Smugglers Shot for Treason”: Authorities Instill Fear Among Public to Prevent Infection by Would-be Border Crossers (2020-02-17 16:47:18)
- ＜Breaking News From N. Korea＞ Tension Mounts as Regime Regulates Markets, Confiscates Stocks, and Slanders Price Gouging Shopkeepers (2020-02-14 10:46:16)
- ＜Breaking News From N. Korea＞ Rumors of Outbreak Spread: Was a Trade Official Executed for Trying to Escape Quarantine? (2020-02-13 16:22:29)
- ＜Inside N. Korea＞ Regime Regulates Rice Prices as Pyongyang Residents Fear Inflation Rather Than Coronavirus (2020-02-12 10:42:56)
- ＜Inside N. Korea＞ Won Plunges After Regime Attempts to Confiscate Foreign Cash off Merchants and Force Companies to Trade in Local Currency (2020-02-12 10:37:22)