The reporting partner continued, “There are many people who envy those abroad who can earn as much money as others do for the same work. They envy the fact that those abroad are not seen worrying about food and that they can live a good life if they try hard. Stories about life in the outside world are spreading so there are now many who are jealous of life outside North Korea.”
It is said that most of the laborers who have returned home came back from China and Russia. (Kang Ji-won)
※ ASIAPRESS contacts reporting partners in North Korea through smuggled Chinese mobile phones.
- ＜Inside N. Korea＞ Put On Ice: New Year Performances in Samjiyon Scrapped after Power Cuts Turn Apartments into “Freezers” (2020-01-17 18:24:52)
- ＜Inside N. Korea＞ When Even Sex Doesn’t Sell: Poverty Forces Rural, Underage Women into Prostitution, Regime Responds with Rallies and Police Stings (2020-01-17 11:16:50)
- ＜Inside N. Korea＞ Power Struggle: Fearing Collapse of Power Grid, Regime Orders Crackdown on Electricity Bribing (2020-01-14 13:49:22)
- ＜Latest Photo Report＞ A Trip to the North Korea-China (Part 2: No More North Korean Refugees at the Tight Tumen River Border) (2020-01-14 10:19:40)
- ＜Latest Photo Report＞ A Trip to the North Korea-China Border (Part 1: The View Along the Yalu River) (2020-01-06 10:13:16)