Interview with a Trader from Pyongyang (PART1)
(Interviewed by ISHIMARU Jiro, editor in chief - Rimjin-gang)2015/Febr...
Kim Jong-un regime wary of 'adverse effects' of inter-Korean exchange... Residents imprisoned for watching South Korean dramas
In 2018, the Kim Jong-un regime made its first steps toward improving ...
＜Inside N. Korea＞ “Peace is an Illusion”: Regime Ratchets Up Military Tension to Match Recent Hard-Line Stance
Following winter military drills that began on Dec. 1, the Kim Jong-un...
COVID-19 and the Military (Part 2): “1 Thermometer Per Company”...Soldiers and Families Struggle to Cope with Harsh Military Quarantine Measures
As the military is a group where many people live together for...
● Profiles of Our North Korean Reporters
(All the names our staff in North Korea are noms de plume.) Kim Dong-c...
＜Breaking News from N. Korea＞ “Who Would Be Next?”: Residents React as Rumors of Kim Jong-un’s Surgery Begin to Spread from the Border Regions
On April 21, reports of “Kim Jong-un undergoing heart surgery” and bre...
＜Inside N. Korea＞ Kim Jong-un's tourist zone project hits financial troubles
2018/Nov/14 ◆Criminals buy freedom with money It has been reported th...
＜Inside N.Korea＞ North Operates Kaesung Industrial Complex Unlawfully
2018/Jan/29 It is reported that the North Korean government unlawfull...
Truancy Increases In Northern Regions As Schools Demand More Money From Parents
2014/April/29Written by PAEK Chang-ryong, a defector reporterThe launc...
"Artificial Meat" - A Vital Source of Protein For the People
The Daily Life of North Koreans2014/March/04 Written by PAEK Chang-ryo...
- ＜Emergency Interview＞Lockdown Death Toll Climbs in Hyesan: “We are Dying Due to Lack of Medicine and Food”
- ＜Emergency Interview on North Korea＞ A woman living in Hyesan City under lockdown, speaks in a painful voice: “If this continues, I will starve to death.”
- ＜Inside N. Korea＞ Several Defectors Shot and Killed at Chinese Border: Poverty and Starvation Forces Residents to Choose Between Deadly Border Crossing or Suicide
- ＜Inside N. Korea＞ Hyesan Lockdown Lifted Early Due to Local Reports of Starvation
- Latest Market Price Index Inside N.Korea
- ＜Inside N. Korea＞Trade with China Set to Resume in March with Fertilizer Imports as Top Priority
- The lockdown in Hyesan suddenly lifted after only two days, due to strong opposition
- Japan-N. Korea Ties Severed by the Coronavirus: Contact Lost with Relatives for Over a Year due to Postal Service Stop ISHIMARU Jiro
＜Inside N. Korea＞ Investigating the Cause of the Suspiciously Rapid Appreciation of the N. Korean Won2020.11.25
The Real Coronavirus Situation in North Korea (Part 2): Kim Jong-un Criticizes His Country’s Poor Quarantine System2020.10.30
The Real Coronavirus Situation in North Korea (Part 1): Kim Jong-un Admits to Outbreak2020.10.25
＜Inside N. Korea＞ Typhoon Submerges Musan Iron Mine, Destroys Bridges, Roads, and Train Tracks2020.09.24
＜Inside N. Korea＞ Lockdown Blues: Residents Grow Anxious as Quarantine Authorities Forcibly Seal Off Entire Neighborhoods for 20 Days2020.09.22
＜Inside N. Korea＞ 22-Year-Old Man Jumps to his Death Following Arrest For Watching Foreign Film, Leading Bereaved Family to Rise in Protest2020.08.31
＜Inside N. Korea＞ Restocked Regime: Government Grants “Loans” to Starving Farmers and Sells on Foreign Food Aid to Undercut Local Markets2020.08.17