＜Latest Photo Report＞ A Trip to the North Korea-China Border (Part 1: The View Along the Yalu River)
ISHIMARU Jiro visited the North Korea-China border in early autumn las...
＜Inside N. Korea＞ Giving Socialism a Bad Name: Kim Jong-un Bans ‘Capitalist’ Baby Names While Citizens Covet ‘Cool’ South Korean Style
■ Names containing the characters 'Man' (10,000) and 'Bu' (rich) banne...
＜Inside N. Korea＞ Memory Fades: 7 years after his death, N. Korea scales back Kim Jong-il commemorations
◆ Purposely evoking the image of Kim Jong-il December 17th marked the ...
＜Inside N. Korea＞ Regime Regulates Rice Prices as Pyongyang Residents Fear Inflation Rather Than Coronavirus
The Kim Jong-un regime’s decision to block the Chinese border to preve...
Possible Further Executions Related to Jang Song-taek Carried Out
Three persons - including the husband of Jang's niece, and two actress...
＜Inside N. Korea＞ Residents Face Starvation as Border City is Blocked Off to Contain Potential COVID-19 Outbreak
An outbreak of coronavirus is suspected in Hyesan, the central city of...
- ＜Inside N. Korea＞N. Korea takes issue with high school students taking videos of kissing, dancing, fighting, and harassing the homeless
- Latest Market Price Index Inside N.Korea
- The goal of N. Korea’s missile and nuclear development is to perpetuate the rule of the Kim family…The regime is ignoring the existence of its starving population ISHIMARU Jiro
- ＜Inside N. Korea＞ Smuggling appears to restart on the China-North Korea border…Would-be defectors are caught, and trading companies start “state-led smuggling”
- ＜Inside N. Korea＞A severe lack of medicines is pushing N. Korea’s medical system further into collapse…Imports of medical supplies are increasing, but without IVs, anesthesia, or disinfectant, people are dying
- ＜Inside N. Korea＞ Chinese vaccines administered to N. Koreans in cities near Chinese border, leading to high hopes about restart of trade
- Kim Jong-un's Mother, Ko Yong-hui, was Born in Osaka: Did She Share Her Memories of Japan with Her Son? ISHIMARU Jiro
- ＜Inside N. Korea＞ Government sets nighttime curfew at 6 PM..."Police arrest anyone who leaves their homes..." Why now?
＜Special Feature＞ Escaping N.Korea…History and Present State(1) Kim Jong Un’s war of extermination leads to the end of the defector era ISHIMARU Jiro2022.08.01
＜Inside N. Korea＞Investigating N. Korea’s COVID-19 Situation (1)…Some areas of N. Hamgyung Province suffer a death rate of 3-5%…Nobody believes the government’s statistics…Increasing deaths of children and elderly people2022.07.04
＜Inside N. Korea＞ Maximum Punishment Under the "Korean Wave Suppression Act" is Death…Still, K-pop is Popular2021.05.19
＜Inside N. Korea＞ Military Cuts (Part 2): Frustrations Rise Amid Forced Deployment of Discharged Soldiers to Farms and Coal Mines2021.04.05
＜Inside N. Korea＞ Investigating the Cause of the Suspiciously Rapid Appreciation of the N. Korean Won2020.11.25
The Real Coronavirus Situation in North Korea (Part 2): Kim Jong-un Criticizes His Country’s Poor Quarantine System2020.10.30
The Real Coronavirus Situation in North Korea (Part 1): Kim Jong-un Admits to Outbreak2020.10.25