Mobilized labor became an everyday’s routine in big city like Pyongyang because of frequent city beautification. It causes big hassle to people. The reality is shown through the video recorded by our reporting partner. (Paek Chang-ryong)
＜Inside N. Korea＞ Kim Jong-un's tourist zone project hits financial troubles
2018/Nov/14 ◆Criminals buy freedom with money It has been reported th...
Cows are the Property of the State - Severe Punishment For Unauthorized Slaughtering
The Daily Life of North Koreans2014/February/23 Written by PAEK Chang-...
Continuous Shipwrecks of N.Korean Fishing Boats Involving Inexperienced Soldier-fishermen
2016/January/06Edit by KANG Ji-won, defector reporter, and ISHIMARU Ji...
＜Inside N. Korea＞ “City of Fear”: State Security Command Deployed from Capital as Economic Deterioration Gives Rise to Drug Trafficking, Prostitution, and Organized Crime
The North Korean authorities reportedly deployed the Ministry of State...
＜Special Feature＞ Escaping N.Korea…History and Present State(1) Kim Jong Un’s war of extermination leads to the end of the defector era ISHIMARU Jiro
The era in which people can defect from North Korea has almost ended. ...
＜Kim Jong-un＞ Humiliating 'note-taking scene’ during Kim Jong-un’s visit repeatedly broadcasted in China, edited out in North Korea
Kim Jong-un visited China from January 7 to 10 for a fourth summit mee...
- ＜Inside N. Korea＞N. Korea takes issue with high school students taking videos of kissing, dancing, fighting, and harassing the homeless
- Latest Market Price Index Inside N.Korea
- The goal of N. Korea’s missile and nuclear development is to perpetuate the rule of the Kim family…The regime is ignoring the existence of its starving population ISHIMARU Jiro
- ＜Inside N. Korea＞ Smuggling appears to restart on the China-North Korea border…Would-be defectors are caught, and trading companies start “state-led smuggling”
- ＜Inside N. Korea＞A severe lack of medicines is pushing N. Korea’s medical system further into collapse…Imports of medical supplies are increasing, but without IVs, anesthesia, or disinfectant, people are dying
- ＜Inside N. Korea＞ Chinese vaccines administered to N. Koreans in cities near Chinese border, leading to high hopes about restart of trade
- Kim Jong-un's Mother, Ko Yong-hui, was Born in Osaka: Did She Share Her Memories of Japan with Her Son? ISHIMARU Jiro
- ＜Inside N. Korea＞ Government sets nighttime curfew at 6 PM..."Police arrest anyone who leaves their homes..." Why now?
＜Special Feature＞ Escaping N.Korea…History and Present State(1) Kim Jong Un’s war of extermination leads to the end of the defector era ISHIMARU Jiro2022.08.01
＜Inside N. Korea＞Investigating N. Korea’s COVID-19 Situation (1)…Some areas of N. Hamgyung Province suffer a death rate of 3-5%…Nobody believes the government’s statistics…Increasing deaths of children and elderly people2022.07.04
＜Inside N. Korea＞ Maximum Punishment Under the "Korean Wave Suppression Act" is Death…Still, K-pop is Popular2021.05.19
＜Inside N. Korea＞ Military Cuts (Part 2): Frustrations Rise Amid Forced Deployment of Discharged Soldiers to Farms and Coal Mines2021.04.05
＜Inside N. Korea＞ Investigating the Cause of the Suspiciously Rapid Appreciation of the N. Korean Won2020.11.25
The Real Coronavirus Situation in North Korea (Part 2): Kim Jong-un Criticizes His Country’s Poor Quarantine System2020.10.30
The Real Coronavirus Situation in North Korea (Part 1): Kim Jong-un Admits to Outbreak2020.10.25